Additional Charges

What is the additional driver fee for?

This is for risk and administration-related costs for multiple drivers. The fee of R100 applies per rental; irrespective of its length and is applied by most car rental companies.

Is there an administration fee for any traffic fines received?

There will be a traffic fine administration fee of R200 including VAT in the event that the renter may receive a traffic fine while renting a vehicle from Eco Car Hire.

Why is there a re-fuelling charge if I have free kilometres?

The kilometre charge in car rentals relates to maintenance costs. Fuel is a separate cost altogether. Eco Car Hire provides a full tank of fuel and the customer will be charged to re-fuel the vehicle on return.

When is there no charge for re-fuelling?

There is no charge for re-fuelling when the car is brought back to our premises with a full tank, or if the rate charged includes fuel.

How is the 24-hour period calculated?

Rates are calculated on a 24-hour period from the time you sign the rental contract until the return of the vehicle.

If a certain rate is booked, why does the rate change?

Rate shopping at time of reservation determines the best rate at that time for a specific rental period. Should the dates or details for the reservation change, this may have an effect on the rate.

What is a One Way Fee?

A One Way Fee is a set fee charged when a customer collects the vehicle from one location and returns it to another. This does not apply to all locations. Generally, these charges apply when long distances are involved. This will be stated at the time of reservation or when you get a quote.

Driver Qualification

What are the minimum age requirements when renting from Eco Car Hire?

Renters must be in possession of a valid unendorsed driver's licence. The minimum age is 23 years and driver's licence must have been valid for a minimum of 3 years. It is a legal requirement in South Africa to be in possession of your driver's licence at all times while driving a vehicle.

Will I need to produce my driver's license?

You will be expected to produce a valid, unendorsed driver's license when you collect your vehicle. The license must have been valid for a minimum of 3 years. It is a legal requirement in RSA to be in possession of your original driver's license at all times whilst driving a vehicle.

Car, Bakkie and Van rental services.